Are you in search of a new opportunity to support, mentor and challenge underachieving or vulnerable students? We are looking to recruit an outstanding Mathematics Academic Tutor for an immediate start.
We are looking for an Mathematics Academic Tutor to join our popular and successful Mathematics department. The department is both friendly and supportive, committed to professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice in order to create a positive learning environment for our students who work hard and want to do well. We aim to create an enjoyable and productive working environment for both staff and pupils, where, together we strive to actively engage, learn and improve.
Why choose us
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we offer:
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• Classrooms with Smart Boards.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
What we are looking for:
• Work within the Mathematics department supporting within lessons on a time tabled basis for small class groups.
• Work with students either in 1:1 or group settings to help with their academic progress.
• Produce differentiated tasks to support the students who struggle to progress within a full class setting.
• Implement strategies which are focused on addressing the reasons for underachievement.
• Supervise students who are completing work and support students in catch up sessions following long periods of absences.
• Implement strategies which build and develop the confidence of the identified students, and which help develop their academic progress.
• Run student drop in sessions.
• Organise and deliver workshops which improve student confidence in their academic ability.
Salary Scale: GLF A3 Point 4 £21,121 FTE, £15,141 pro rata
Working Hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year, 5 days a week
Closing Date: 2 November 2020
Please see the attached application pack for more details.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.